Medical Marajuana a reality in New York
NEWS FLASH! MEDICAL MARIJUANA AVAILABLE IN NY
On July 5, 2014, NYS Governor Andrew Cuomo signed a limited medical marijuana bill into law. Medical marijuana may not be smoked nor consumed in a public place. This became a reality in January 2016.
Medical Marijuana is only available from a dispensary. Your physician must register with the health department and also take a certification course. Every dispensed cannabis product will be labeled with a specific concentration of total Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and total Cannabidiol (CBD). Each cannabis product will have a maximum of 10 mg total THC per dose.
Each registered organization will offer at least one cannabis product that has a low THC and a high CBD content, and at least one cannabis product that has equal amounts of THC and CBD.
Medical marijuana has been approved for the treatment (dosages included) of the following conditions:
- Multiple Sclerosis, a demyelinating disease which affects the brain and spinal cord. There is no known cure. (7.5 mg+THC).
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Lou Gehrig’s disease. It is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. There is no known cure. (10 mg+ THC)
- Intense Nausea/Pain (10mg+ THC)
- Cancer, the disease caused by an uncontrolled division of abnormal cells in a part of the body. (10-20mg) THC)
- Epilepsy, or seizure disorder is a neurological disorder characterized by sudden recurrent episodes of sensory disturbance, loss of consciousness, or convulsions, due to abnormal electrical activity in the brain. (3mg per patient pound or 200-300mg of CBD)
- Sleep disorder can defined as the changes in sleep patterns or habits. (40-160mg CBD)
- Schizophrenia. It is a mental illness characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to recognize reality. Common symptoms include false beliefs, confused thinking, auditory hallucinations, reduced social interactions and emotional expression. (40-1280mg CBD)
- Eating Disorders are characterized by serious disturbances in eating habits. Examples include anorexia nervosa and bulimia. (7.5-30mg CBD)
For further information with regards to the proposed NYS regulations on medical marijuana please visit : Health.ny.gov
4 years ago / Comments Off on Medical Marajuana a reality in New York